by Aravind Mani
MI and KKR will be battling for a spot in the finals and the winner of this will face RPS in the final. So let us take a look at a few factors that could help MI defeat KKR
MI VS KKR HEAD TO HEAD IN IPL
- MI have dominated KKR as they have won 15 out of 20 matches against KKR and in 2017 they outplayed KKR in both their matches.
- MI has won fielding a second string team against KKR in their last league match, so they will be confident of defeating them again at full strength.
- The return of Nathan Coulter-Nile in KKR lineup after injury will be a problem for MI as he has ability to pick wickets and break partnership at regular intervals. He was also the main reason behind KKR’s triumph over SRH in eliminator, fetching him the man of the match award for his 3 wickets.
- If MI need to win they should get rid of Chris Lynn at the start, as he may score quick runs which would add pressure on to the MI team.
- MI should be able to attack and rotate the strike against the spinners of KKR as they are economical and they trouble the batsmen with their spin more often then not.
- MI should not play lazy shots as they did against RPS in qualifier 1.
- In this season MI were not able to build partnerships properly, so to win they have to build partnerships
- Rohit Sharma should step up on this big occasion and score big runs and guide the team to finals.
- They should play Harbhajan Singh instead of Karn sharma as he has good experience and can handle pressure.
- They should go with Nitish Rana the youngster who has been in good form in this season as made the team to win in some matches in this season so.
- MI should get rid of KKR top 4 batsmen inside 10 overs to have a great chance of winning as in this season the top 4 batsmen of KKR have scored 1560 runs where the rest of the team has scored just 694 runs.
- It will be challenging for MI to handle Gautam Gambhir’s captaincy as he rotates the bowlers on a regular basis and makes the opponents commit mistakes.
KKR will be coming into this match with a lot of confidence after the win over SRH in eliminator, on the other hand MI, the table toppers, will be aiming for a win to book a place in final after the humiliating defeat to RPS.MI has psychological advantage over KKR as they have defeated them in both matches this season. Both the teams will be hoping to win the toss and choose to bowl first as Chinnaswamy stadium is good for chasing and KKR will be knowing the pitch better after the win over SRH as the pitch was known for 180plus scores but in last match it was difficult to cross 150.
Both the teams have some advantages and some disadvantages but it is eventually what they do in the ground is what matters. The team that is able to execute its plans better will emerge as the winner. But then again, This is T20 format where a single over can turn the tables around. With both the teams being very promising, the game going to be very interesting.