According to the latest reports, the Pakistan cricket team might go on to playing more tests against England when they visit there in July later this year. The tour, however, is still an unsure one as the world is still fighting the Coronavirus pandemic and the UK is one of the worst hit countries by COVID-19.
The governing bodies of both the countries are scheduled to have a meeting through video conferencing to discuss how they will go ahead with the tour, if it finally happens. The visitors might have to play more than the pre-scheduled three tests after West Indies might look to pull out of their series, which was scheduled to take place in June, due to the Coronavirus scare.
According to a source in the Pakistan Cricket Board, the England Cricket Board might look to organise a four or five Test series against Pakistan. However, that only can happen once West Indies pull out of their series against the Three Lions.
According to the source, it is going to be a three test match series initially as per planned between the two nations, but things might change according to the situation in the future. He said, “At present we have to play three Tests and three T20 internationals but the number of Tests could be increased and the tour could start a bit early in July.”
PCB CEO Wasim Khan has said that there has been no official communication with the England Cricket Board over the extension of the series, which will include the two nations to play in a three Test series followed by three T20 International matches. He said, “Things will be clear after the meeting but whatever decision we take we will consult our captains and head coaches before giving any confirmation.”
However, the PCB has not spoken on whether they will go ahead with the series amid the Coronavirus scare or not. With West Indies looking to postpone their series due to the same reason, a former Pakistan captain has put forward his opinion on this as he said, “If the West Indies have decided to postpone their series in June because of safety reasons and because of the situation then the PCB should also be very careful before taking up any offer from the ECB.”